Thursday, April 9, 2009

Learning from my Peers

Watching everyone's PowerPoints was very interesting this week. I like how we all had very similar information, but how we all had an individual spin on it. It just shows that different things stand out to different people and how learning is truly an individual experience. I really liked the quotes in Brittany's PowerPoint, especially the one from Marie Clay, "If a child can't learn the way I teach, then I must learn to teach the way he can learn." And the one from Finegan and Austin about the manner in which technology is used being more important than whether or not it should be used. I liked these quotes because I feel that throughout the semester, we have been given the opportunity to learn about the different technology available and how we can use it to enrich our classroom. And I like that the tools we have used are truly meant to enrich and develop the curriculum, not just to have technology for technology's sake. With the technology inventory, I was able to see how technology can be used but in an ineffective way, one that doesn't encourage or promote TPACK. I feel that the point of this course was to learn how to truly implement TPACK in a beneficial and natural way. To truly take our individual students and find the best ways to teach them with the technological tools we have been given throughout the semester. That is truly the way we want to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment